You’re supporting the growth and development of your baby, you will need some extra nutrients and minerals in your diet.
- Make sure that you get enough vitamin D daily from foods like egg yolks, tuna, salmon, fish liver oil, fortified milk and some exposure to sunlight.
- You would need to rev up your calcium content. Add more calcium rich foods like milk and milk products to your diet.
- Take iron and folic acid supplements as prescribed by your doctor. These are the most needed additions during pregnancy to ensure proper growth of your baby.
- Increase your intake of omega 3 fatty acids by adding more nuts to your diet. This fatty acid plays a role in the development of the eye, brain and nerves of your fetus.
- Make sure you eat all food groups. Consult to your diet or doctor about the calorie requirements and plan your diet well.
Apart from the above following precautions during third month of pregnancy, make sure you get all your tests done to monitor the progress of your baby. Stay away from potential allergens and substances like insecticides and pesticides that may cause harm to your baby.